Service for Older People
St. Patrick’s provides Long Stay/Continuing Care and Respite Care for Older People (over 65 yrs). The multidisciplinary team provides a holistic approach to the care of our frail, dependant, ill, elderly men and women. We aim to support and develop the on-going interaction between the patients and their families and between families and the staff of the hospital. All care is rendered in a professional manner, in an atmosphere of respect, warmth and friendship.
Services & Facilities.
- 24 Hour Nursing Care
- 24 Hour Medical Cover
- Recreational activities
- Resident Advocacy Meetings
- Spiritual Care
- Daily Mass relayed on C.C.T.V.
- Podiatry/Chiropody, by appointment
- Personal Laundry, by arrangement
- Hairdressing, by arrangement
- Dental and Optical appointments
- Access to Hospital Gardens
- Wheelchair Accessible Transport
- Hospital Restaurant for Patients/Families
- Daily Newspaper, by arrangement
- Portable Phone
- Volunteers who provide;
- Friendship Support
- Mobile Library
- Mobile Shop
- Pet Therapy
What Type of Care is Provided?
- Continuing Care - 33 Public Beds, 13 Private Beds (Male & Female)
- Respite Care - 17 Beds (13 Female, 4 Male)
- Crisis Care - 1 Bed (Female)